Random Facts (1/19) - Nobody knew what a water chestnut was until we wrapped it in bacon.
Child's Play 2007

Dec 27, 2007

Four Constants in Life: Birth, Taxes, Death and...

Sad Chad
The Red Ring. But not just any red ring, the xbox 360 red ring of death!
That is Chad. Chad is sad. Why, you ask is Chad sad? Well Jimmy, see those red lights on that 360? Do you know what that means? No? Well you should by now, it's all over the internets. Has been for going on two years now. This is the xbox red ring of death.

Poor Chad is on his second xbox that just red ringed a week ago. I gave him that picture and left him with this note, "I am sorry for your recent loss. Here is a picture that I imagine is 100% true and not doctored in any form of shop that edits photos, in what happened when your loss occured." Let's face it, a red ring is kind of like a death in the family isn't it?

The cause of the red ring has been under scrutiny for some time now but the fact of the matter is, when (a matter of when, not if) it happens, it sucks. You are usually left without a 360 for about two weeks. This would be slightly more acceptable if this were his first xbox. Now, I understand some people are on xbox number 4 and 5, but when you receive a brand new (see: refurbished) xbox 360 a year and a half after release, you tend to expect the bugs to be worked out.

Now, as everyone no doubt already knows, MS has finally sucked it up and "admitted" a fault on their behalf with their extensions of all warranties to three years. Don't get me wrong, I love my xbox. After my skin eye of the original, the 360 won my heart over. Well, that and the fact that the competition isn't quite up to snuff yet. I only mention ps3 there because the Wii is in a league of it's own. Nightly games of Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 dance in my head as I dream.

In one respect I envy him... That bastard will get a new xbox... equipped with an HDMI port... and for that I hate him. Also, does anyone else find it intresting that a red ring signifies a problem on the 360 and a blue screen signifies a problem in windows? What's next?


0 comments: