Random Facts (1/19) - Nobody knew what a water chestnut was until we wrapped it in bacon.
Child's Play 2007

Dec 4, 2007

Lunch


Kabobby

Today, while I was enjoying my sandwich at the local sandwich and meats emporium, an indiscriminate man in his early 30s sat down next to me to eat his lunch.

I thought nothing of it.

Despite my nervous ticks and foul odors, people invariably end up picking me as their hour long lunch buddy. While most of these friendships remain mute, my new companion today spiced it up. "Wow, you look pretty down. Do you mind if I sit and talk with you?" He had my full attention. "I can tell just by looking at you that you're missing someone, some thing in your life. Whether you know it or not, I'm positive that Jesus Christ can help." We proceeded to have a 45 minute long conversation about What Christianity Can Do For Me.

Now, I don't know if I just looked exceptionally 'down' or if he had a quota to fill, but it was easily the tastiest lunch I've had in ages.



3 comments:

Sean said...

Usually when people try to tell me that "Jesus Christ can help" I more or less reply: "Awesome, can he cover for me this Thursday?"

Chad said...

Ha.

SlipstreamBRO said...

Pretty cool if you ask me, although a bit uncomfortable I'm sure. I'm glad that lunch tasted great!