Random Facts (1/19) - Nobody knew what a water chestnut was until we wrapped it in bacon.
Child's Play 2007

Jan 7, 2008

The First Monday of the Year

Winnie

Today is the first Monday of the new year. What will you do with it?

For me, I am currently working on loans for tuition and hopefully pay for it in time. For many people, the first Monday is the day they return to work and their normal routine. What is in a routine? Maybe you're a businessman, ironing out your shirt and rolling the lint off your jacket as you prep for your presentation. Or, maybe you're a teacher, once again writing the lesson plan on the blackboard (or if you're high tech, you're using a powerpoint). Or, maybe you're a baker, up at this hour as I'm typing this post, already mixing flour and eggs.

Everyone has their life to carry on, and all of this is part of the routine that keeps us going. Is your routine efficient, is it potentially flawed? In a way, your routine is what you have become used to and we don't think about it as much as we get older. It's just a routine, something we're doing to get by. For those ambitious souls who decide to be adventurous in life, they don't have a routine but they have a hard time getting by. So, is having a routine (which will provide you a stable means for life) better than not having a routine (which will be a life lived in the way you want it to be)?



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to be spontaneous when I can. There are certain routines which cannot be avoided such as waking up at 7am to shower, brush teeth and get dressed for work, then go off to work, then have lunch at noon, then come back to work to finally go home.

After I get home, what next? Who knows! But unfortunately, its normally either taking a nap or hopping on the computer and reading news around the world. Every where except Iraq. Not that I don't care, I just don't know how much of it to believe because different views have conflicting statements.

I would prefer to be unpredictable. But theres somethings you cant escape. But at the same time, I wouldn't want a work schedule that was spontaneous either. I had one when I worked at the Marriott and it was hard to try to match up my schedule to spend time with friends and family.

I think I am too old for my age. I'm 23, I have shoulder and knee problems, and I take naps a little too often.